Monday, February 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters That Make Us Swoon


This week's topic is supposed to be BOOKS that make us swoon. That's not happening. Sarah and I decided to take it one step further and make it CHARACTERS that make us swoon. Please chime in with your book boyfriends in the comments below!

Lindsay's Selections:
I'm super excited about our twist on this week's topic. While I could easily make this list all the guys from my ships and OTPs. So I'm just going to limit myself to the ones who really made me swoon. So in no particular order, and with 90% more gifs than I originally intended because I totally got carried away, here's my list:

1. Captain Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.  I won't go into too many details, but I already loved Thorne from the first two books. Let's just say he totally sealed the deal with a certain rooftop scene in Cress.
Seems like a Thorne kinda thing to do.
2. Chaol from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. If you aren't reading this series you should be. Because Chaol.

3. Sturmhond from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I dare you to read these books and not fall in love with Sturmhond. He's a PIRATE. And I love this cover someone created:
I need this to be a thing
 4. Hector from The Girl of Fire and Thorns Series by Rae Carson. Other than the mustache in the first book, Hector is just dreamy. I heart him.
HECTORRRRRRRRR
5. Warner from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi. Um. Yeah. So here's why * CHAPTER 55. SO HOT.* (highlight between asterisks for spoilers.)

6. PC William Fletcher from A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller. I just finished this book on Sunday. Will is so wonderful. He supports ALL THE THINGS.
Hiddles can totally be Will, right?
7. Perry from the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi.
 8. Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. He smiles. A lot. He's sweet and kind. I don't drink coffee. He kinda makes me wish I did.

9. Rob from Scarlet & Lady Thief by AC Gaughen. This is what a renegade needs to be like. Hard to not fall in love with Rob.
I don't know who this is. But this is how I pictured Rob.
 10. Jamie Fraser from the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Have I mentioned I like Jamie? Seriously. The guy marries Claire to keep her safe. And some of those scenes Gabaldon writes? *blushes*
This show can't get here soon enough.
11. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. My favorite gentleman from a book. Ever. Even if he is occasionally pompous.

12. Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. The first guy from a book I can honestly say I had a crush on. In 9th grade. And yes, Clark Gable IS and always will be Rhett to me.
Okay!
I could seriously go on and on about these guys. (And more guys). But I'll stop here...


Sarah's Selections:

When Lindsay and I decided to change it up a bit, I thought I had this in the bag. I mean, I have plenty of book crushes so this would be a breeze. I was so wrong. It took me two days to pick my ten most swoon worthy characters. So here they are... 

1. Jamie Fraser from The Outlander Saga by Diana Gabaldon. This is obvious. I mean, it's Jamie. I doubt he needs an explanation. 


2. Ian Murray, Jr. from The Outlander Saga by Diana Gabaldon. We meet Young Ian when he's like 14. And we get to witness him become a man. A very sexy man at that. Next to Jamie, Ian is my favorite.

3. The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I have a thing for dark, mysterious, and dangerous men. I have my fingers crossed that The Darkling can be redeemed.

4. Strumhond from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I also have a thing for cocky, stubborn, and dangerous pirates. 

5. Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. The way he loves Marianne makes my heart skip a beat. From the first time they meet he is taken by her and his devotion never wavers, even when she's foolish. He's the definition of a man! 


6. Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Rochester is so rough around the edges, I just want to smooth them out. I'm sorry. But had I been Jane, I probably would have chosen to ignore the crazy wife and lived in sin. I have no shame. Especially if he looked like this ...

7. Theodore Lawrence (Laurie) from Little Women Louisa May Alcott. I think Jo chose wrong. Am I the only one? He loved her so much and would have done anything for her and she spurned him!


9. Simon Ballentyne from Wilderness #4, Fire Along the Sky by Sara Donati. He's determined to win the heart of a girl who doesn't know what she wants. And even though she infuriates him and they fight (and make up ... a lot) he stands by her through it all. 

9. Wayland North from Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken. "I don't do well without you." *sigh* Any man that can admit that is swoon worthy in my book. 

10. Owen Armstrong from Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. Occasionally I read YA chick lit and Sarah Dessen is my go to author. Owen Armstrong ... Honest, protective, strong, reformed bad boy. My kind of guy.


Please, please chime in with your favorite swoon-worthy guys. We *may* have something planned for them later! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh. I loved your take on this week's TTT. I feel like I need to read all the classics now. You are putting me to shame. I just watched the Jane Eyre film with Michael Fassbender- and whoa... Yummy!

    Thanks for the list,

    ~Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Cress on Sunday and Thorne definitely makes my list. Though I'm a huge Wolf fan too! I was a Sturmhond fan too! I just got Shatter Me, but I haven't read it yet. Perry 100%! And of course Darcy is the all-time classic book boyfriend! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love your Thorne GIF, so totally something he would do!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did characters instead of books, and I love all your choices! I particularly love Thorne. SO swoony. :) And Sturmhond. :)

    Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete