Monday, December 30, 2013

Top Ten Books I Read in 2013



Top TEN? Hahahahaha I (Lindsay) laugh at the fact I'm expected to keep this list to ten books. I thought about doing a specific genre and topic (YA Dystopian, YA Fantasy, YA Series, etc), but that's no fun. Plus I can't resist a chance to gush about all the books I loved this year.
I'm just going to list all of the books I loved, with my no more than five word summary, (and put books in a series together).
We also posted end of the year surveys which you can find here: Lindsay's & Sarah's
So, in no particular order, other than me scrolling through my kindle:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1gsvy1YTb1qm6oc3o1_500.gif
All the time.
Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight (plus the novellas) by Sarah J. Maas     
KICK-ARSE HEROINE. PLUS CHAOL.

Scarlet & Cinder by Marissa Meyer
CYBORGS. FAIRY TALES. 

Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
DARKLING. MAL. BUT REALLY....STURMHOND!

The Girl of Fire and Thorns, The Crown of Embers, & The Bitter Kingdom (plus novellas) by Rae Carson
HECTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. PLUS AWESOME ELISA.

For Darkness Shows the Stars & Across the Star-Swept Sea (plus Among the Nameless Stars novella) by Diana Peterfreund
PERSUASION. SCARLET PIMPERNEL

Shatter Me, Destroy Me, Unravel Me, & Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi
ADAM. KENJI. BUT MOSTLY... WARNER

Under the Never Sky & Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
PERRY YOU GUYS.

Unearthly, Boundless, & Hallowed (Radiant novella) by Cynthia Hand
GORGEOUS ANGELS ON A MISSION.

Grave Mercy & Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
 DEATH'S ASSASSINS. 

Deception & Defiance by C.J. Redwine
MYSTERY. INTRIGUE. AND  LOGAN.

Legend by Marie Lu 
WHY DID I WAIT?!

Graceling & Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
KATSA PLUS PO EQUALS AWESOME.

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1330298528708399_animate.gif
I would totally do this. If only my books weren't predominately on my kindle.

Fangirl, Attachments, & Eleanor& Park by Rainbow Rowell
LOVE ALL 3!

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
#THESE BROKEN FEELS

Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
 MY NEW HAPPY BOOKS

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick
THREE DRESSES

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
ROB + SCAR = 4 EVA

Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
FAVORITE OF THE SERIES

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
SIGH. 

Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
 GREAT DEBUT FROM LORELAI

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
 TITUS & IOLANTHE VS. BANE


http://static.tumblr.com/xffbcfa/Jm8m4ye49/lorelai_rory_hug_gif.gif
Tackle-hugs you all. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to start with this list, because for the most part, if I haven't read the book, I want to! But I will say this: CHAOL. YES TO CHAOL. And I love Rainbow Rowell's books, and Tahereh Mafi's, and, well, you get the picture. Thanks for stopping by, and Happy New Year!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was surprised to find that some people managed to limit themselves to 10 (or less!). I certainly couldn't, and I'm glad to see I wasn't alone. You have some great choices on your list. (And I love the gif of Belle!)

    Here's my TTT: http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-best-reads-of-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody goods! I like your list a lot. I think I know atleast 3/4 of the books listed here. CHAOL. DAY (legend) *fangirls* I am really excited for under the never sky & these broken stars! Happy New Year! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  4. STURMHOND, INDEED. And Katsa is fabulous! You have excellent taste! AND ANNA! YESSSS, I adore Anna and the French Kiss.

    ReplyDelete