Monday, January 13, 2014

Top Ten 2014 Debuts We're Excited For


Welcome, welcome (I hope you read that in your best Effie Trinket voice). Sarah's back this week! Yay!
This week we're discussing books by debut authors we're excited about. So let's get started.

Lindsay's (shockingly not limited to 10) selections, in no particular order:
To be honest, I've never really thought about debut authors as a topic, so this one took a little more research than normal. But once I got going, I couldn't stop myself. There's so many books coming out in the next few months by debut authors that sound AMAZING. I even created a shelf on Goodreads just for this.


Nil by Lynne Matson - expected release date March 4
Escape from the pretend island from Lost. Or ELSE.

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman - expected release date April 22
Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
Hitler's niece falls in love with a Jew? Intrigue.

Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy - expected release date March 18

Side Effects May Vary
Live like you are dying. And then don't die. See repercussions.

 Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - expected release date January 28
Cruel Beauty
Based on Beauty & the Beast. Also known as the movie with the library of which I'm totally jealous.

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige - Expected release date April 1
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
Another girl from Kansas? Aligned with the Wicked Witch? Awesome.

Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz - expected release date September 16

*Cover Not Available* But a story about Captain Hook's daughter seeking revenge? Yes please.

Alienated by Melissa Landers - expected release date February 4
Alienated (Alienated, #1)
I want this book like, yesterday. Aliens!

A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller - expected release date January 23
A Mad, Wicked Folly
Historical novel + Pretty dress cover = win

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan - expected release date April 1
Salvage
Space!!

Landry Park by Bethany Hagen - expected release date February 4
Landry Park
You had me at Downton Abbey

The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel - expected release date April 29
The Break-Up Artist
She breaks up couples in high school. Sounds fun to me.
 Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas - expected release date March 11
Ask Again Later
I like the simplicity of this cover

 The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Buehrlen - expected release date March 4
Trips to the past? I love.


Sarah's Selections:

I'm baaa-ack! I decided to do a full ten of my own since I've taken the last few TTT's off. Of course all of my selections fall under the YA genre. However, I think my 10 are pretty diverse as far as YA Fiction goes. I do have some of the same picks as Lindsay because, duh, great minds think alike! Enjoy. 

1. Stollen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy) by Danielle L. Jensen 


2. Far From You by Tess Sharpe


3. Half Bad (Half Life #1) by Sally Green


4. Wild by Alex Mallory 


5. The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset (No cover available.)

6. The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare #1) by M.G. Buehrien 


7. Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief #1) by Livia Blackburne 


8. Nil by Lynne Matson


9. Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee (No cover available.)

10. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira 



Thanks for joining us! What debuts are you the most excited about this year?

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Half Bad and Landry Park! That cover for Alienated is gorgeous!

    Denise @ Dandelionn Wine Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for some of these!!

    Check our TTT of this week.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to see the cover of Hook's Revenge! Hopefully it gets released soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'm so excited for so many of these and they made my list too. I read and loved Alienated, but I am still super excited to get my hands on the finished hardback. There seems to be so many good books coming out in 2014, I'm not sure where I'll find the time to read them all. I hope you get to all of your picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete