Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blogger Tips & Tricks- Using HTML Code to Comment

Having you ever seen those comments on Top Ten Tuesday or Stacking the Shelves, or any of those other book memes where the commenter leaves a link to their post? Or maybe you don't want to leave your whole review on Goodreads, but just a teaser and then link it back to your blog?

Instead of writing the whole link out, it'll just say "My TTT" or "My STS" or in my case "The Broke Book Girls."

Like this:

I'm using html code to leave the link. It's super easy to do, and supported on most websites, be it wordpress, blogger, goodreads, or most .coms (except Amazon. This code won't work on there as far as I can tell, if you know how to link in a review, please let me know!).

It's a great way to give other commenters/readers/blogs/etc an easy way to come check out your post and your blog! If someone leaves me a link to their post, I do my best to go to their blog and comment as well. It's works well to drive up the ever-coveted unique page views, and gain new followers.

So here's the html code you'll need to use:

It'll be all one line, not 2 as shown. I just copy & paste the page link I want the code to link to, and change what I want it to say. For this example, I wanted to link to my March Madness Book Boyfriend Edition welcome page, and I wanted it to say "The Broke Book Girls." I change it to say "My TTT" or "My STS" depending on what it's being used for though. I keep my html code saved in a word doc so I can edit it each time I want to use it, and not have to retype it every single time.

So there you go! That's all you need. Just a handy little html code and you're good to go.

What is one of your favorite tips or tricks you like to use when blogging? Make sure and share below!

7 comments:

  1. ❇ this symbols code looks like this (&-#-1-0-0-5-5) the dashes are to demonstrate remove them and you'll get this symbol - ❇
    Here is a fabulous list of codes. Just copy and paste that's what I do!
    http://www.sabinanore.com/design/html-special-symbols/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've done this before on Goodreads and in Wordpress comments, but never on Blogger before, so I want to try this out, haha. Bare with me.

    Miranda @ Tempest Books

    Miranda @ Tempest Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, okay, yeah...you can totally use the "http://" in the link haha. That's what I've always done in the past, so I was curious if it was like a Blogger-specific trick. But it seemed to work just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this article. I love it. This is something I've noticed, and I'm glad that it's gotten some attention slimming capsule

    ReplyDelete