Monday, March 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books on My Spring TBR List

As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

Have I ever mentioned how much I like making lists? Even more so when I get to check something off of said list? It's the best. Back in December I did the TTT for the books on my Winter TBR. And I read every single one of them. Hopefully I'll keep the streak going for my Spring TBR list. I'm going to classify "Spring" as mid-March through mid-June.

ICYMI we're right in the middle of our March Madness Book Boyfriend Edition! You can go vote for your favorite Classics/Adult Fiction & YA Historical/Contemporary guys here. And check out both groups of YA Dystopian/Sci-Fi/Fantasy guys here.
To make this slightly more manageable, I'm breaking this in to two groups, one for new releases, and one for books I already own.
New Releases:

 
 Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy (March 18)
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (April 1)
The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz (April 1)
Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell (April 1)
What I Thought was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick (April 15)
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (April 15)
Prisoner of Night & Fog by Anne Blankman (April 22)
The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel (April 29)

The One by Kiera Cass (May 6)
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (May 13)

Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon (June 10)
Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo (June 17)

Already on my bookshelf or kindle, staring at me, begging to be read:

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Something Real by Heather Demitrios
The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Buehrlen
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell
How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford



So that was really like 18 books. And I was way to lazy to make graphics for the books I already own. :)

What's on your Spring TBR?

18 comments:

  1. What I Thought Was True and The Prisoner of Night and Fog are high on my priority list. If I could only get my hands on them sooner. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I would love to have those two early!

      Delete
    2. Prisoner of Night and Fog is available through Edelweiss. I read it back in November. It's A-MA-ZING! I can't wait to read it again.

      Delete
  2. Oof - I totally forgot The Ring and the Crown!! What's the Gabaldon book - haven't heard of that one, but I do like her books!

    Ruin and Rising would definitely have made my list if I'd gone out to June - I wasn't sure how to define Spring. ;) And I really can't wait for While Beauty Slept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Written in My Own Heart's Blood is the next Outlander book (Book 8 I think). :)

      Delete
  3. SECOND STAR. LINDSAY. I HAVE HEARD OF SECOND STAR. AND I WANT TO READ IT VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY BADLY. I'm sorry. Take a deep breath. I love Peter Pan and anything having to do with it (and yet I haven't read Tiger Lily yet... #ok) so I'm dying -- DYING I TELL YOU -- to read that. Also, I really do want to check out Side Effects May Vary and Dorthy Must Die. Look! I did know about some new things!

    Wait, oh my god. I wrote that top part and mentioned Tiger Lily before I read that half of the post.... LIKE I SAID. PETER PAN. I NEED. TO READ. Also, Incarnate. I really want to read that. I bought Asunder off of Book Outlet because I was a total idiot and thought it was the first one. I was wrong. :P

    Here's My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Second Star to read right now, I'm just waiting til closer to the release date since it's one of my review books. But I'm SO excited about it! I love me some Peter Pan too!

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS.

    The One. I can't believe I forgot to add that one to my list. Literally SO excited for sad it. And then Second Star sounds incredible as well.. Basically your entire list sounds great.

    Hope you to get to all of the books on your list!

    My Top Ten

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The One is such book crack. She better end up with Maxon is all I have to say.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you are very organized! Great list, this is mine: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-spring-2014-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is quite a list. i am having a hard time believing I'll get through the 10 I have listed. :) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruin and Rising. GAH What am I going to do when its over?! ~Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some of the same books on my TBR! I also included Dorothy Must Die and The One on my TTT. DMD sounds incredibly unique, and I adore The Selection series. I just looked up While Beauty Slept on Goodreads and it sounds really good! I love a good fairy tale retelling!

    -JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many awesome books! I also really want to read The Break Up Artist and What I Thought Was True!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you split it by month! I ALMOST chose SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY. I dragged out a stack of five or six of my contemporary MUST READ RIGHT NOW books for my final two slots...it was SO TOUGH narrowing it down and this missed the cut by a breath :( Ooh, DOROTHY MUST DIE is on my list. I'm going to start reading it today, actually!!! THE RING AND THE CROWN is also on my list. I brought it to work this past weekend to read...right after I finished reading another high fantasy novel that shattered me and made me unable to read this for a bit! I can't wait for THE ONE to come out so I can re-read the first book and finally read 2 and 3! I just finisehd reading SECOND STAR today. I'm still processing how well the author set the world of Peter Pan into today's society! RUIN AND RISING, yesssssssssssssss, I cannot WAIT. So on my list!!! Ooh, I really liked TIGER LILY and INCARNATE. Enjioy both! And WHILE BEAUTY SLEPT! I'm planning to r&r next month during Fairy Tale Fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how organized you are with books! I feel like I always pick up random one and read it until I'm done lol So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also reading Second Star this spring (I may wait till June) and I am so excited for Ruin and Rising! I don't want this series to end but I also need to know what happens! Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I am looking forward to reading a few of these myself, especially Open Road Summer, The One, What I Thought Was True and Dorothy Must Die. I hope you find the time to get to them all :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete